Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:33:05 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (51 lines)
Hello All,
I am now getting to hear the audio CD's of the National Beekeeping conference. These CD's are clear and the noise has been filtered out. You can order at:
www.conferencerecording.com

I recommend NBC98-303  CD. $20 plus $4 shipping for two CD's but you can get the entire conference for $150 plus shipping. Less than a one way ticket to California or a conference registration. I attend when I can but was in Florida working on a couple ABJ articles at the time.

When you listen you will see that what I have been saying on BEE-L is the same as those beekeepers are saying. The above set is the most popular set being purchased. 

A few highlights:
CCD is the third newest popular word added to English language last year

There will be a whooping 20% more corn planted in 2008 ( most with pesticide treated seed)

The EPA does no testing of new insecticides. Simply rubber stamps chemical company data.

Chemical company boasts 7 different insects killed by systemic corn pesticides. Some researchers claim the yellow butterflies (used to be found always in corn fields but now mysteriously absent) are killed by simply sitting on corn plants.

PPB of two systemic found in pollen but our researchers can not say if a problem as chemical company data only deals with LD50 of bees. 

Farmers are "stacking chemicals" to save labor of spraying. Research points to some concoctions as much as 10 times more lethal to bees than each is per label.

Some bee kills in apples have been found caused by systemic sprayed on bloom while bees are in the field. Label says will not harm bees.

Bee kills In central valley in California linked to pesticides added to ditch water pumped into fields and the bees getting the water. 

( also some of us suspect some bee problems in  California are spread by bees getting water from the same source. We wonder if pathogens can be spread through the open water source which the entire area might be using)

California watermelon pollinators claim bees are crashing in watermelons since the growers have went to pesticide treated seed. Used to be the best bees came out of watermelons. Not now.

Some of the new fungicides being used in almonds are causing brood damage.

The above are a few highlights from the first CD.

I have pushed for years to be able to purchase a quality recording of national meetings. Now we do not have to hide mikes in the plants at meetings!  Attend meetings with a hidden wire! 

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

For sale:
Used briefcase with hidden recorder. 
-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

* General Information About BEE-L is available at: *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/default.htm   *

ATOM RSS1 RSS2