From:
John Iannuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:40:44 -0500
Konichiwa.
I feed all the wax, usually cappings, back to the bees
for cleanup.  They do an excellent job. The cappings,
placed in recycled nylon stockings, are swished through
water to make them cleaner, hung to drip-dry, and then
run as is (within the nylons) thru the SWM. This last
step removes any debris not beeswax, or to use your
terminology, <natural> beeswax (grin). The end result is a
clean clean clean block of wax, two or three pounds,
depending upon the six of catch pan used.
Hey, this method is for the  s m a l l  beekeeper.

For  l a r g e - s c a l e  operations, U might us a multi-
functional wax melter, like the 50-gallon one made by
<Better Way Wax Melter/116 - 11th St SE/ Altoona Iowa 50009 -
telephone 515/967/4952, as advertised in the <American Bee
Journal>, December 1997, page 866.

Bonne chance wa sayonara.

jack the bman in Maryland USA

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Chang-geun, Kim wrote:

> John Iannuzzi wrote:
> >
> > I use a solar wax melter--a box with a
> > double pane of glass as the lid.
> > The sun does all the work.
> >
> Thanks for your posting, John Iannuzzi.
> By the way, is there any effective method to remove(separate) the debris
> and residual honey from the natural beeswax? And is it necessary to
> remove them for selling beeswax?
>
> Chang-geun, Kim / Seoul, South Korea

**John Iannuzzi, Ph.D.
**38 years in apiculture
**12 hives of Italian honeybees
**At Historic Ellicott City, Maryland, 21042, U.S.A. (10 miles west of
   Baltimore, Maryland) [9772 Old Annapolis Rd - 410 730 5279]
**"Forsooth there is some good in things evil
   For bees extract sweetness from the weed" -- Bard of Avon
**Website: http://www.xmetric.com/honey
**Email: [log in to unmask] [1jan981031est]