From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2018 19:29:40 -0700

> >Our European bees evolved from Africans.
> >This viewpoint was challenged by Kotthoff & al:
>
> Sorry for my sloppy writing Pete.  Allow me to rephrase that.  The bees
that invaded Europe when the ice sheets retreated had evolved during
competition with humans in Africa.  Thus, when both humans and bees then
invaded Europe when it warmed, it seems to me that they would have retained
their propensity to defend their colonies against humans, rather than
becoming less defensive.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA