From:
Ken Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:05:49 -0500
Dave from Scranton wrote:

>         Sounds like your blackberries got muscled out by something else.
> I don't know about everyone else, but we had a mild winter and wet spring
> as well here in NEPA and we had a *VERY* short dandilion season, I put my
> packages in just as they were starting to sprout and have absolutly no
> yellow comb or honey from it! The dandilions were up and gone TWICE within
> 3 weeks. I thought that was pretty fast for them. Anyone else noticing
> oddities like that?

> Dave D. Cawley, Maitre d' |
> The Internet Cafe         |
> Scranton, Pennsylvania    |
> (717) 344-1969            |
>                     URL => http://www.scranton.com

        Hello Dave:
        Ken Lawrence over here north of Kansas city Mo.  Bees are working up a
storm here.  I have 28 hives and have 92 or 93 supers (med.) not all
full but sure are working on them.  Dutch, Sweetclovers (yellow and
white) are in full bloom.  I had a rally good Dandelion bloom which
helped mine.  I started out with 3 hives of my own and adopted 4 more
that I split and made up my 28 hives this year.  Lost 28 out of 31 last
fall to mites.  Looks like I will have a chance to try out my Cowen Mini
Uncapper I just bought.  Still have soybeans and Buckwheat flows to come
yet.
        Hope you and everybody else have a HONEY of a HONEY YEAR.
                                                Ken