From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:01:02 -0500
Part of the CCD problem that causes a problem for me is the often quoted
symptom that the bees disappear.

Realizing that it is difficult to visit fields and spot dead bees (that
is if they are actually there) - several beekeepers have suggested that
they have been in proximity of working hives that were loosing bees.

Would it not have been possible to follow / observe these foragers,
hopefully before finally disappearing and recording their behaviour on
blooms that they were working.

This was undertaken in France during periods of study relating to
effects of Imidaclopride and Fipronil on honey bees.
They were digitally filmed in areas of no application and treated crops.

The resulting sequences were most interesting in helping demonstrate the
reduction of harvesting ability and overall co-ordination of the
individual bees.

Bees do not disappear - We are not finding them !

Peter