From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 12:16:07 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/00 5:19:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I heard from someone else that they too thought the Africanized were much
>  less aggressive when the colony is small.  Surely, this must have occurred
>  to folks as a possible management tool (e.g., in Mexico, Brazil..?).

   It already has. One of the pickle company officials who frequently travels
to southern Mexico to help manage their large winter cucumber plantings, told
me that the bees they use were africanized, and the pollination is done with
nucs.

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page:   http://pollinator.com