From:
Lennard Pisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:05:23 +0000
dear listers,

Maybe a silly question...In a cold climate there often is a time when the
queen stops laying (probably also in arid climates). With Varroa waiting
more then a month to reproduce, is there a higher infestation rate of the
first brood? And could we take somehow advantage of this to catch and
destroy mites? Or would that be too disruptive, encouraging disease
(disrupting for our need to have early numbers up for pollination)?

regards
Lennard