Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 17:23:00 GMT+0200
Hi All

Just thought I would share a little story.

Today somebody called to say they had a bee problem and so I went to
see - they had gone shopping in the meantime, so went to look around
in some bush nearby.

A number of eucalyptus trees were flowering in the area, so I looked
for a wild swarm of bees.

Soon I found a nice colony in an aardvark hole in the ground (it is
a sort of burrowing animal). Later that day I dug the swarm out, and
while doing this heard a snuffle nearby  - I turned around and a
really old vagrant was watching me. He had a big whitey dirtyish
beard and tattered cloths. He said 'Ubusi' (xhosa for honey). I gave
him a big chunk and he ate it instantly, and sat there in a shaft of
sunlight with golden honey trapped in his beard and running down his
dirty jersey. He also had this big grin (with one tooth with most of
the root showing).

Anyhow, I took the bees away and put them in a box, but made a little
detour to leave another comb next to the old guy as he slept
underneath a tree - with a number of bees walking around his face
licking up the honey.

Interesting how the product of another society is still so pleasant
to a man like him who has by the looks of it rejected, or been
rejected by society.

Keep well

Garth

Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey

After careful consideration, I have decided that if I am ever a V.I.P
the I. may not stand for important.
(rather influential, ignorant, idiotic, intelectual, illadvised etc)