From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 06:48:38 -0500
Well certainly not caring places you in an entirely different and to my way of thinking not so pleasant crowd.  IMHO we seem to have more and more of the 'I don't care' and 'it is all about me' crowd with every passing day.   This attitude it seems allows some to do exactly what they want with not a care about what the world looks like tomorrow.  The attitude that I don't give a damn if my actions impacts future generation does sound more than a bit juvenile or folks with arrested personalities disorders.

Quite often the nay sayers on such subject only real value can be easily measured by the $ but sadly there are lots of things that are very important but have little or no $ value.  A introductory question for some economic class is.... why is water and air essential to life but have little $ value and on the other side of the coin why does gold have such a large $ value and have such little utility?

'they bulldozed paradise and built a parking lot' < a line from a silly little song that sticks in my head when folks ask this kind of question.

ps...  it is estimated that about 1/3 of the total production of food in the world is wasted or lost.  in second and third world economies with little to no road, railroad or storage facilities this number approaches 1/2.