From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 09:24:46 -0500
I will add a vote for Dadant keeping its retail catalog.

An awful lot of beekeepers (myself included) started off with a mail order
kit, and in my case it was from Dadant.   I still do a fair amount of mail
order buying.

Not every Yellow Pages lists a beekeeping supply house, and in my case, the
nearest retail dealer is a good hour's drive away.  I'm sure many other
beekeepers have longer drives.  Moreover, a dealer can't have everything.
that can be listed in a catalog.  Every firm has its own unique items.  How
are us retail customers supposed to find out about them without catalogs?

Yeah, a catalog lets everone else know your prices.  That hasn't stopped the
rest of the catalog merchants from being successful.

Stick with your catalog.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD