Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:08:06 -0700
> My question is:  How can I get their aggressiveness down?  I was
> thinking of importing queens, but that could bring the verroa
> down here.  Bees are fairly healthy and we don't really have a
> bee illness to worry about.  Can anyone help?
>
> The honey season starts in late November here and finishes in
> April.
>
> Regards,
>
> Guillermo Jacoby
> AHBeekeeper from Nicaragua

I have an idea here.  Probably a stupid one.  But I won't know that till
someone tells me! <G>

If you could flood the area with Non Africanized drones, wouldn't they
mate with the Africanized Queens, thereby causing some mixing of the Non
Africanized with the Africanized?

I got this idea while reading "The hive and the honey bee".  Something
about it being hard to keep ratial purity because of all the drones from
a locality gathering at a comon place to meet the local queens on their
mating flights.  It would seem that by using foundation with larger cells
that a larger "crop" of drones could be gotten.

I anxiously await replys.

Harry Bowie
0 years in bee keeping
0 hives (till next spring)