From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2013 10:52:10 -0400
> I respectfully disagree.  I don't care whether the root cause is prions, viruses or an unknown honey bee religion that requires ritual self-sacrifice in response to macerated bees

But in 1928 the causative organism was found to be a bacteria, which is easily controlled. Whereas prions, now there we have a hard one. If CCD were linked to prions, what could we do?

The bee industry is somewhat unique in that it hauls sick animals all over the US and nobody suggests that might be the root of the majority of our problems.

Of course, quarantines haven't worked in curtailing bee diseases. What works is control measures, which have to be tailored to the causative organism.

PLB