From:
Tim Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:27:45 EST
Ladies and Gentleman,

I have two questions that I would present to the list. Question 1 I have
presented before, but I never really got the answer I was looking for.
Question 2 may be silly, but call it curiosity.

Question 1:  Since AFB does a number so to speak on equipment, and the
approved methods of cleaning up wooden ware is drastic, and or costly; I was
wondering if anyone has seen any research in the area of sealing the spores
in using some of the newer space age acrylics, or other sealants. Brushing
them on is out, but a spray??  I received the post concerning bleach, and
suspect it works fine, buts its really not approved here in the US.

Question 2: While a "normal" hive-I am assuming healthy with decent winter
stores , can stand the winters of most of the US--Alaska may be a different
matter, I was wondering if anyone has tried/read about etc. the possibility
of providing some sort of 'heating system" for the hive. This may cause other
problems for the bees including intruders, but I was curious.

Thank You for your patience.

TIM MORRIS