From:
Myron Van de Ven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 08:54:16 -0500
To: Jack the B-Man

How do you accomplish that without your bees swarming? Or does that not
take place?  Do you simply let supercedure take it's course.  I can't
determine whether my bees want to supercede or swarm.  Any advice?

While I'm at it I have another problem.

I only have two hives, In one hive I had left the top access hole ope this
summer thinking the bees will have more direct access to the supers.  It
appears I now have a queen in the brood chamber and one above in the
supers.  What should I do to correct the situation.  If the old queen is
below the excluder, should I simply remove the excluder and let them fight
it out, or should I locate one of the queens and destroy it? (Which one) .

I don't know how I got into this, but I must have let the queen originally
get into the supers when I took the hive apart because I notices some brood
in the honey supers. I then got the queen back down but the bees may have
raised a queen above.  I'm learning and am in only my second year so can
use the help.  Thanks

Myron Van de Ven
Luxemburg, Wisconsin