From:
Myron Van de Ven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 11:57:44 -0500
MY FIRST ATTEMPT TO SEND THIS FAILED, SO I HOPE IT IS NOT A SECOND MESSAGE
FOR SOME.

I noticed a decreasing population in one of my two hives and upon
inspection yesterday noticed many dead larva.  From the descriptions in the
bee book, I am assuming it must be foulbrood, although I can't possitively
tell if it is Afb or EFB.  The larva were rather large but still white.
Some capped cells had been cracked open.  The questions I have are:

What do I need to do to tell for sure?
Is there still something I can do, such as medicate, to treat the problem?
If I have to destroy the hive, can I harvest the honey and use that?
IF I want to send a samply to a lab, where can I send it?

I have two hives and this is only my second year in this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Myron Van de Ven
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

--Boundary (ID BcnZt97t9roDC1UbF3iQ3g)--

----- End forwarded message