From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 22:55:05 -0500
>Very recent work has concluded that N. ceranae is not likely the cause
of CCD.

To be real honest about the die off of 2006/2007 & 2007/2008 the only new
issue has been the finding of nosema ceranae. Was found in all the CCD
samples.

Wondering out loud:

I was involved in a big die off in Florida 2003/2004 & 2004/2006. Looking
back I suspect nosema ceranae played a big part. Because the problems were
in late summer and fall none of use suspected nosema. We did not know nosema
ceranae was in the U.S. Our samples did show three virus. All the samples of
CCD had virus & nosema ceranae. The Florida hives had been fed fumidil.

Looking back CCD possibly started in Florida two years earlier as our
samples showed virus and very possibly would have shown nosema ceranae.( if
nosema ceranae had been in the U.S. since at least 2000) as these hives had
been in contact with migratory operations which had been on both coasts.

bob