From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2018 09:31:44 -0500
Matt
>I say that in part as i feel like I often see a "wave" of infection move through an apiary.<

I am new, I plan on using all my stuff unless I were to see a particularly bad thing come through or foulbrood.  As bad as it sounds, I was almost hopeing for a dead out cause I was thinking I would have extra comb that might help me keep the hives in the box come swarm season (something I am struggling with).  My view (probably wrong) is that the bad things that come through have a self life.  We will have waves of black tongue or conic wasting diseise disease come though the deer population, it will run its course and then fade into the background.

So my view is to just keep your eyes open, use a little common sense if something really bad is seen, but mostly use the comb cause it has benefits as well as risk.
I am new though.
Cheers
gww