From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:07:25 -0400
I'm tired of the attitude by some commercial migratory beekeepers that
their way of keeping bees and making a living somehow is more
important for the good of American then other beekeepers who do not
want to deal with "another" foreign pest.

I applaud the efforts of CA beekeepers to force migratory beekeepers
to do whatever possible to keep SHB out of their state.

I sell a premium product and dry down my honey to a low moisture
level. Getting SHB would make a horror show of my hot room and
extracting process. I'm sure my situation is not unique in the
beekeeping world.

Here in Mn the commercial boys got their way and now we have no MN
Dept of Ag regs and no oversight to bees moving into or out of our
state.

Bob is that what you would like to see in CA so the migratory
beekeepers can come to the almond gold rush rescue?

I hear that same line of trash talk here in the midwest when it comes
to feedlots. The politicians and large agri-business concerns say we
need the industry and me must stay competitve and they push for
denying local townships oversight in feedlot permitting.

There are other people in our state who value clean water , air and an
ethical approach to raising animals. The same is true I'm sure in CA.
IMO big money in growing almonds should not be the only criteria
weighed when deciding who brings what into the state.