From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:02:52 -0500
> until the SMR content was reduced to 25%.

Very useful information. I did not go to the 25% level in production hives
but I might now.

>" Could you do so here?

I might try in person with you at a meeting. Took Dr. Harbo forty five
minutes of  talking with me to cover the basics but I still had some
problems at first he left out. I have been hoping for an article giving the
instructions as all I have got is my notes and experience of trying to apply
his work .

Dr. Harbo  has avoided the subject in presentation questions (as has
Marla )as best left for the researcher.

Eye strain & low back pain are problems I have had while doing the work.
Interruptions annoy me!

Percentage of mite in brood (PMIB) is complicated also.
I have never yet attempted PMIB yet. I believe (although never explained the
procedure fully) the whole hive is depopulated and then each brood cell is
pulled and mature varroa counted. The varroa are removed from the bees by
several methods (similar to testing for varroa) and counted. Then a percent
if figured.

My opinion is PMIB varies for many reasons and not as important to me as
SMR.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison