Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2014 11:40:00 -0400

> “ Additionally, it has been shown that neonicotinoids do not accumulate
> over time in the environment, the colony, or the honeybees. Given these 2
> attributes of neonicotinoids and bees, it is not possible for the chemicals
> to have latent effects that are expressed months after application.”
>
>  This paragraph surprised me because I have read several studies that
> report neonicotinoids are very persistent in our environment. I guess the
> authors can technically conclude neonics do not accumulate because they
> break down over time. But the above paragraph ignores neonics persistent
> nature.
>

> These are just two examples of how I felt the authors were using debating
> techniques and clever wording rather than scientific facts to reach their
> desired conclusion.

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/imidacloprid.pdf

The link is to the fact sheet on Imid.  No clever wording. Add Jerry's post
on who made up the group and they obviously know the facts about soil
persistence.

One interesting thing I took away from it is how fast it disappears from
plant residue.

Persistence in soil is relative. It varies with all pesticides.There are a
host of things that influence persistence. It is all in the PDF link.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine