Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:30:52 -0400
Well, now |I am seeing mites, and more than I find comfortable.

I discuss this and my former experience with drops at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/incl/bj1.htm#October11

Why now?  I think that the fact I changed to beige masonite boards
from white plastic boards used previously and did not oil them may
have caused me to overlook some mites on previous days.  Oil does
make the mites more identifiable.

Add to that the fact that my vision has been acting up a bit lately
and maybe I missed some.

Nevertheless, I am certain that I did not miss any numbers like the
counts I saw today -- 2, 10, 8, 12, and 16 -- on the two previous
days.

These counts include tan coloured varroa, and I don't know if I
should be counting them.  Comments?

Anyhow, it seems that the counts can fluctuate drastically from
day to day.