Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:13:43 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
> Peter, I respect your wisdom

Hi Don
I too respect your point of view and your willingness and courage to defend it.

The problem is, honey bees are being forced into a corner. If they can't be successfully kept in Ag environments due to chemical pollution, if they can't be kept in suburban environments due to public relations issues, and they can't be kept in natural areas due to the conflict with preservationists' notions of appropriate species -- where you gonna keep 'em?

Fortunately there are large areas of the US where none of these interest groups prevail, but other regions may not be so lucky. On the other hand, the areas of which I am speaking are not necessarily good beekeeping areas. Probably the connection with agriculture is the most valuable and the one one which we should focus our energies (that is, to make it safe).

Anyway, I feel the whole topic is far from settled, and sincerely believe that all sides should have a say in any discussion. These issues should not be decided by special interest groups that have obvious biases, nor by individuals that have zero expertise.

PLB