From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:33:48 -0700
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Next spring I plan on running experiments on two
> different products which
> the makers say  improve the longevity in honeybees.
> I need a way to mark the
> bees with a color so I can return in so many weeks
> and see if  the longevity
> has improved.

Bob,
   Went to the annual open house at the Baton Rouge
Bee Lab this last weekend and one of the concluding
tests involved studying the life span of worker bees
during the summer.  They had actuallp placed white
dots with numbers on the the thoraxes of the worker
bees.  Even with my not so good eyes the numbers were
very distinguisable without any aid other than the
glasses I normally wear.  The guy running the test
said that his company in German made the white dots.
Might contact them and see what you can come up with.

Mike  Located 1/2 way between Montgomery and Mobile, Al

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/