Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:49:50 -0400
Well, I went out and looked again and found five on one drop board and one on
another, so there are mites there.  This was another 24 hour sample, and
a one-day sample tends to be very inaccurate.  Several days or a week give
better indications.

They were odd-looking in that some were almost shells.  The undersides appear
to have been eaten out.  They also are a dull brown compared the reddish ones
I am more accustomed to seeing.

I am experimenting with some screened bottoms that have a sliding drop board
underneath and there is sufficiently large crack for wasps to enter.   I am not
seeing ants.  I have not been using grease or oil and suppose that maybe I should.

I'll have to look back in my notes to see how |I interpreted the drops.  I had quite
a bit of discussion in my diary last fall or the fall before last.

To be continued...

http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary