From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:08:03 -0400

________________________________

From: Dick Marron [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sat 2008.11.01 11:56
To: 'Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology'
Subject: [BEE-L] Reducing insecticide use

Deknow wrote:
> [...]
hasn't become an issue with yet.<<<<<

This is true but implies that there is no end. I read that there is a potato
beetle that has become immune to 40 pesticides. Plants make their own
pesticides. That's why propolis is antibiotic. It protected the trees first.
We are doing the plants' job but at a dizzying pace. I suspect we have a big
paintbrush and a smaller corner every cycle.

BTW The USDA estimates that we are using 2.5 pounds of pesticide on every
acre of cropland. It's been going up, not down. And how do we measure (say)
the BT put out by corn and other GM plants.

Dick Marron