From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:19:22 -0600
1.  Is there any data to show that in field conditions the bees actually bring the surfactant back to the hive?  I see no such disclosure.

To Dicks point,  the surfactant and most sprays are not to supposed to be sprayed during bloom, and the almond guys are pretty good about that.  I was out there last week,  and they were spraying hard (dormancy spray and such)  but no bees at all flying.  All in all I would say the almond guys watch out for us the most of any group of farmers as they are so dependant on us.

I would also add,  that to my knowledge the big cases of CCD first reported were Doan and Hackeburgs,  which are east coast bees that were not in almonds....(they may use the same stuff on other crops though)

Charles