Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:53:21 -0400
Subject:
From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
A poultry incubator can easily be modified to hold queen cells on the bars. The chief advantage of incubating is that if any emerge, they don't emerge in the cell builder.

Secondly, it is very handy to have the cells ready early in the morning, to simply be removed from the bars and taken to the waiting nucs. If you're like me, I don't like opening hives early in the morning.

Finally, emerging the cells in cages is a neat trick. That way you can introduce viable one day old queens instead of cells. I would definitely recommend this if there are only a few (100 or less) to deal with.

PLB