From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2014 10:39:45 -0400
> the trace elements in honey could play some role.

As we know, honey contains a wide variety of bioactive substances, many which are added by the bees and many of which are produced by the plants themselves for a variety of purposes. Unfortunately, none of these are consistently found in the wide variety of nectar.

We all know about the hype surrounding Manuka honey and wish that such miraculous benefits would be found in our own local honey. I would love to sell goldenrod honey for ten dollars an ounce, as a miracle cure for whatever ails 'em.

But a negative attitude toward feeding pure cane sugar to bees is unwarranted and this statement is backed by over one hundred years of beekeeper experience (not my 100 years, mind you)

PLB