From:
Christine Raasch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:58:33 -0600
Thanks to all of you who responded.  It is reassuring to read your
do.  One thing I omitted in my original post was that she had been
pumping her milk which is why we were curious if Lactaid could be put in
the breastmilk.  She had stopped breastfeeding because the baby had made
her areola sore as he suckled going on and off the breast.  She was
definitely overproducing, having pumped 64 ounces in one 24 hour
period.  As of Sunday, she is breastfeeding again because she had
developed blocked ducts and as she told me, "breastfeeding is much
better suction so I told my baby he had to help me out".  At any rate,
she has been able to decrease her milk volume on one breast, not the
other.  We did discuss all of the ways of accomplishing this and she
will continue to try.  I have also asked her again, to try the Lotrimin
since the other ointments haven't worked.

Thanks again for all of your information.

Christine A. Raasch, RN, IBCLC
Menomonee Falls WI