Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:41:12 EST
As the mother of ten year old breastfed triplets I can assure you that the
word "organization" has to be part of your daily life or sanity flies
straight out the window.  I love the word gentle as it applies to feedings
because I firmly believe that many difficult situations can be workable with
a more gentle approach.  Of course when my girls were born I was not yet an
LC and sorta had to "wing it."  I had however BF my then eight year old for
two wonderful years so understood the basics.  My husband and I were
determined to do this so we "organized" ourselves immediatly, who would go
and get the babies, who would change them, who would be fed first, how many
would be fed first!  It all seemed to work out!  To tell you the truth that
first year is a blurr to me.  But let me just add that breastfeeding was the
most beautiful part of raising multiples beacause it gave me the opportunity
to develop a special relationship with each one.  It greatly aided me in
getting to know each of them as unique little creatures.  It can be done with
patience, love, support, and yes some organization.
Pamela Ehret LPN,IBCLC
WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator, Savannah, GA.