From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 06:57:08 -0500
I have not been able to post to Lactnet for a while because of the
vagaries of our isp, which changed our addy without informing us :(
Please note that my new addy is [log in to unmask]

Since it has been such a long time, I thought a re-intro would be in
order. I am an LC in private practice in upstate NY, USA who has also
been volunteering for a major breastfeeding organization for the past 23
years.

I always assumed that I would nurse my children, but I had no idea that
there was so much more to it than simply putting a baby to breast until
after my son was born. Being able to turn to LLL literally changed my
whole family's life, and I shall be eternally grateful. Glenn and I have
three children, all of whom nursed for years. Dan is almost 25, Abby is
almost 23, and Chana will soon be 19. They are all weaned and toilet
trained, but none of them sleep through the night:)

For the record, since we have been talking about big babies, Dan had the
biggest feet (at birth) I have ever seen. We joked that we would never be
able to afford to bronze his baby shoes - they were a size seven!
Although he only weighed 7#4oz at birth, by a year he was 28#. We think
that he has finally stopped growing - he is now 6'5" and weighs 300#. In
contrast, both his sisters stared at 7#12oz. One of them is now 5'5" and
plump, while the other is 5'7" and thin. I swear that they all had the
same milk - mine! They have all been extremely healthy, and I can count
on one hand the times that any of them had to go to the doctor because of
illness.

Norma Ritter, IBCLC
private practice in Big Flats, NY