From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 06:20:08 -0400
I wish someone who is more eloquent than I, would read and address the
following editorial: "Shedding stigma and some pain with wider choices in
childbirth" by Jane Eisner on the OP Ed page of The Philadelphia Inquirer
on Sunday, Oct. 24, 1999.  It can be read at
<http://home.phillynews.com/inquirer/opinion/>  It is so discouraging to
read this woman say that her 3rd birth, med free, was an "absolutely
empowering experience" and then go on to advocate use of "sophisticated
drugs to control pain."  Bah.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ