Robin/Joan MacNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:42:29 -0300
Becky stated "Yes, it's quite possible to work full-time, or even more, and
exclusively breastfeed.  The main ingredient for success?  Absolute belief
in the superiority of breast milk and dedication to the baby's welfare."

I must agree. I successful at breastfeeding my twins exclusively (no formula
ever and only fresh ebm once I returned to work) for eight months and then
continued breastfeeding along with solids. I worked full time shiftwork (12
hour shifts) in our labour and delivery unit. Often we had only one 15
minute break in 12 hours. Yes it was difficult at times and I got overfull
at times but I was still able to continue. Determination (or stubbornness,
as my husband likes to term it) was the essential ingredient.

Joan