From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:54:26 -0600
George -

> Allow the bee researchers and bee scientists to find the remedies for our
> problems.
> After all, their interest is in SAVING THE BEE and their training (schooling)
> tells
> them what can be used  and what dare not be used.

Should not your emphasis be on the word "TRAINING" rather than "saving the
bee"?  I don't know of a single beekeeper who's interest is in destroying
the bee, we all want it to survive.  There is plenty in the archives over
the differing views that are held about what role researchers and scientists
should play when it comes to "remedies" so I'll not get into it here, except
to say, there are quite a few people who are not "researchers and bee
scientists", working on remedies to deal with the honeybee mites.  Leaving
it up to any one group of people is often a less than best way to deal with
something and in no way guarantees quality or rightness.  There should be a
balance of both.

Regards,
Barry