From:
Traci Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:56:14 PST
Hi all,
I am new to Lactnet, and have been lurking for a couple of weeks. My name is
Traci Mills and I am preparing for the IBCLC exam this summer. I have been a
LLL Leader 12 years and I worked in a WIC office for a year before we moved
to Wichita Falls (TX). It has been my experience, like Kathy D. mentioned,
that even if a mom seems to be in agreement and understand, she probably
won't have a clue after delivery. I made it a point to give the mom some
type of written/printed material, and my business card, at each point of
contatct I had with her. By the time the baby was born, she might have 12 of
my cards and enough info sheets to make a small book, but she had my number
and she had information. If I did a hospital visit, I took information to
show her, and left only that which she needed at the time.

Traci Mills
Wichita Falls, TX