Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:42:22 EDT
I have a mother who recently had a miscarriage (10-11-99).  Her left breast
has doubled in size.  She is currently nursing an 18 month old child.  She
has stated that she is experiencing VERY frequent let downs.  The 18 month
old child is only nursing 1 - 2 times daily.  This is her third pregnancy.
She experienced engorgement with both previous births and does not feel this
is engorgement.  She stated her breast is not hard as is with engorgement but
is fairly soft but is very sore.  Also states that her nipple is double
normal size.  Doctor has prescribed Penicillin to be on the safe side.  Does
any one have any idea what this could be?  I feel it probably is related to
the miscarriage - but not sure what it could be if not engorgement.
Thanks for any help you can give or any suggestions you can offer.
Brenda Noyes