From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 22:34:05 -0800
Aaron Rabushka wrote:

>Perhaps it was something else (other than the FitzWilliam) that he (Bach)
>copied by moonlight.  I'd heard that he copied a book that he had to sneak
>from his brother who wouldn't let him use it.  It's been a long time since
>I've heard that story, and I don't remember the source.

When I was first learning about Zelenka's works, I read on the back of some
LP (may have been just marketing imagination) that Bach had copied various
Zelenka works by candlelight or something as he had short access to them.
I can't imagine anyone doing such things by moonlight though.

- A
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical CDs, *Sheet Music*, Videos