From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:21:35 -0800
Chris Bonds wrote:

>OK I'll offer my $0.02.  Have not heard the complete output (!) of either.
>Have seen the "old" Celi on video (Bruckner, Prokofiev).

His Brucker #'s 6, 7, 8 are still available on VHS.

For any looking for still-available classical-music videos, which are
harder to find these days (CD Universe seems to have just dropped their
access to a once large stock), I've put together a table by category or
individual, choosing only those who are the subject of most-voiced interest
in forums and who aren't already marketed to death.  You'll see the link in
my sigline and the table is near the top of that books page.

I wish that there were a Tintner Brucker on video.

I've seen a video (out of print now) of Michelangeli playing the Ravel
in G under Celibidache and the one vivid memory is a mesmerizing sound
Celibidache got out of the orchestra at one point, a sort of suspended hush
of an orchestral sound, that I've not heard from any recording of this work
since then.  He looked so prosaic (almost like a businessman) in his
conducting but could draw unusual things from his orchestras.

Andrys in Berkeley, CA
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical CDs, *Sheet Music*, Videos