From:
Franco Destefanis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:45:01 +0100
Like Vincent Vida I try never to pass up a Kathleen Ferrier recording.
I was browsing all the catalogues and looking into a lot of web-sites
but was unable to find where I can order the Ferrier/Boyd Neel edition.
Can anyone help me? I own a 1992 edition recorded live at the Salzburg`s
Festival in 1968 with the Berlin Philarmonic conducted by Abbado and with
Gundula Janowitz and Maureen Forrester.  The record was edited by Arkadia
and distributed as a supplement to an Italian weekly magazine.  Abbado is
less "fin de siecle" than in the recording with London SO (DGG) but both
Janowitz and Forrester ar really outstanding.

Franco Destefanis
Rome -Italy