From:
Franco Destefanis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:06:45 +0100
Ed Zubrow writes:

>Also, from my Penguin Guide a Naxos collection of symphonic poems seems
>like the best bet for a good recording of Les Preludes.  Does anyone have
>this? Or any other recommendations?

There are various collections of Liszt`s Tone Poems recorded in Central
and Eastern Europe but the quality is sometimes poor as far as recording
sound.  I will suggest the two boxes (each in 2 CD set) by Philips.  The
London Philarmonic is conducted by Bernard Haitkin.  I bought them in
Paris a couple of years ago but I suppose they are still distributed.
The numbers are <Philips 438 751-2 and 438 754-2>.

Franco Destefanis
Rome-Italy