From:
Kathy Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:56:21 EST
Dear Fellow LactNetters:

I have unfortunately been on nomail again as I am attending school full time
pursuing a Ph.D in nursing, with a specialty (hopefully) in Lactation!!!! I
miss you all.

 I am writing a paper that is a concept analysis of "breastfeeding" (no mean
feat, let me tell you!) I am in need of your help as a "panel of experts" in
the field, and I would greatly appreciate it if any of you could find the
time to email me privately with the answers to a few questions.

Here are the questions:

1. What would you consider as the "classic", "landmark" or "seminal"
references for breastfeeding?  (texts or journal articles)
2. How would you define the concept of "breastfeeding"?
3. Would you consider it synonymous and interchangeable with other terms
(such as lactation or nursing)? If not, why not?

Thank you all so much for you help with this. Where else could I assemble
such an esteemed panel of experts??? Please remember to email me PRIVATELY as
I am still nomail until I complete this paper, another paper, a presentation
and 3 final exams.

I promise that I will send a compilation of the results to the list for all
of you to read.

Kathy Rubin IBCLC RNC MS (as of 7/99) and PhD student in NJ