From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:32:20 -0400
Dear Pat, monitor closely,  as usual - use the out-put as a guesstimate  of
input.  Mom should be keeping a record of dirty and wet diapers.  Weigh
frequently.  The lower half of breast will involute if milk   unable to get
out.  I would think she ought to be able to  make enough milk with 2 halfs,
just like some moms who only have one whole to work with.  You just want to
be watching closely in early weeks to  be sure everything is progressing.
If supply ends up  not being adequate would probably be a good time to  use
a lactation supplementer (catheter-type).  But I'd give it a good chance to
succeed and don't assume it will or won't work.  Human body is amazing :-)
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ