Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:20:38 EDT
Esther Wiles writes:<<In the next month or so we expect to have on our floor
a mother who is blind.
We would like to have information for her.
Does anyone know where we may obtain information in braille or does anyone
already have information for their practice and willing to share?
Thanks.....
Esther Wiles, RN, IBCLC. from Michigan>>

We have a local blind mother who was an active Le Leche League mom until her
child was about two years old.  She found taped books very helpful, and
ordered many through our local area or through LLLI.  When her child was
born, her wonderful husband was very active in helping her to latch and be
comfortable with nursing.  As a working mother, she later used a yogurt cup
(she knew how much it held) to measure expressed breast milk that she later
put into a bottle.  All in all, she felt breastfeeding was much easier than
dealing with ABM.  Every LLL Area maintains a tape library that she can
borrow from, and LLLI has a list if books on tape. Currently, we have another
blind mother who just started attending our group, and I'm sure she would be
happy to answer any other questions.  Please email me you'd like to talk
further!
Kari Miller, LLLL, IBCLC
In Colorado Springs, where it's in the high 70's today!