Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Virginia G Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:12:00 +1000
Hi, Glenni and Lactnetters,
      Glenni I think your comments on the breastfeeding mother doll and her uses are useful.  That's what the little ones in communities round the world need to see and play with.  The idea of having a story book and other linked educational aids certainly reinforces the breastfeeding message.  What a good idea!  I imagine they would be cheaper than the doll, and would be an inexpensive back-up to the doll for a group of children.
      Now, what about the low-income teenaged group?  Perhaps locally designed comic books for them?
       Children, teens, and health professionals.  If each of us can help several people from each of these groups develop a positive attitude towards breastfeeding, we are part-way there with helping the mothers.  That is, the Mums will come to breastfeeding with positive attitudes (from childhood and teen years), and more of the health care professionals working with them will be supportive.  This is my hope for the future.
                           Virginia
                            Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
                            (unusually cool weather for summer!)