From:
Darlene A Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 00:31:43 -0400
On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:33:18 -0400 Mary Renard <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
Unfortunately I am sure it would be impossible to get banked milk for
this baby,

Mary,
I am jumping into the middle of this not having read all the information,
but it would not be impossible to get banked milk for this baby.
However, you  would need to pay the processing fee.  You do need a
prescription from the physician and forms need to be filled out. People
who adopt infants often receive banked milk.  We do charge a processing
fee of $2.50/oz.  Permission from the legal guardian would also have to
be part of the process because they have to sign the forms.  If a milk
bank has enough milk to supply the sick babies others (not sick)can
receive milk from a milk bank.  There is a priority list.  Sick infants
come first.  Hope this is helpful.
Darlene Breed, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Milk Bank & Breastfeeding Center
Worcester, MA (USA)