From:
Christine Betzold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:27:40 EDT
  I have posted previously about this mom, she is the one who had severe
ductal thrush, mastitis and relactated.  Two weeks ago, she went back to work
6 weeks postpartum.  Her  OB gave instructions that she was only to work two
days in a row to help maintain milk supply.   Her boss refused to do so,  and
put her on three days in a row.  In addition, even though she works at a
hotel the only place he/they will allow her to pump is a public restroom.  At
first she was OK, but last weekend her supply plummeted again and she is now
again relactating.

She was on bedrest for most of her pregnancy and money is tight.

I want her MD to put her on disability for  "low milk syndrome."   Her
family practice MD  ( the one I work with)  is not  totally comfortable with
this.   I have yet to speak to the OB.
 What do you think?  Isn't this appropriate?   I would think it is impossible
to relactate (in a public bathroom at that) and work.   If  so, I would like
to share the responses with her MD.

Also, I  am under the impression that the breast matures around the third
month and becomes more efficient and less dependant on the hormones to
maintain supply.   With this in mind,  if we can support her until the 12th
week hopefully she will be more able to maintain her supply and work.   Is
this correct?

Thanks everyone.  Please keep this lady in your thoughts.  I can't believe
she has yet another hurdle to overcome.   Chris from Orange County California