From:
"Phipps, Brenda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:40:30 -0700
Mary Kay,

I just read Pamela's response to your question.  I have a friend who lost
her baby at 2 weeks pp.  Her midwife recommended she drink sage tea -  she
drank the tea throughout the course of a day, and told me that it dried up
her milk almost immediately, along with "every mucous membrane" in her body.
It apparently works very well for a mom who needs immediate lactation
suppression.  The use of sage is well known amongst herbalists in treating
this as well as aiding a mom in weaning a child.

Brenda Phipps, BS, IBCLC