From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 22:21:52 -0400
Teri Noel Towe engages in a little soap opera:

>Then he told me that the announcer had said that the composer of this
>Valse Triste had committed suicide by jumping from the roof of the Zagreb
>Opera House.  I have never heard of any composer or performer for that
>matter who ended his or her life by so dramatic a means.  Any idea who
>this might be?

It's an enormous price to pay, but it's one way for a composer to get his
music performed.  Now, I guess we're all intrigued.

That would have been the farthest thing from Nielsen's mind, even when he
was wracked with pain.  Maybe, that's another reason this age of wanting
to be a victim ignores Nielsen.

Andrew E. Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Standing Up For Nielsen