From:
Teri Noel Towe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:09:50 -0700
Several weeks ago, a friend of mine got in touch with me about the task of
identifying the composer of a piece that he had heard on the radio.  When he
told me that the piece was entitled "Valse Triste", I thought, of course, of
the famous composition by Sibelius.

Then he told me that the announcer had said that the composer of this Valse
Triste had committed suicide by jumping from the roof of the Zagreb Opera
House.  I have never heard of any composer or performer for that matter who
ended his or her life by so dramatic a means.  Any idea who this might be?

Teri Noel Towe