Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 18:18:36 EDT
I wholeheartedly agree!  I received my letter yesterday, and have been doing
a lot of thinking about conferences.  Do I still need to take all of those
CERPS if I have to sit the exam again?  If so, I am not sure that I can
AFFORD to keep my certification, as most of my salary seems to go toward
maintaining my IBCLC status!

Margie Forrest, RN, BSN, LLLL, IBCLC (at least for the next 4 years)
W. Palm Beach, FL

<< Isn't there more to be gained by keeping current via attending
 conferences and networking with other LCs,  than by successfully
 completing an exam which only tests baseline knowledge?  If true professional
 excellence is what they hope to gain, why not increase the number  of
 CERPS needed for recertification?  Is the cost to take this recertifing
 exam the same as the initial exam?  If it is,  I can only believe that
 there is a monitary motive on the part of the IBLCE in continuing the
 re-examination process. >>